Smart Tips to Succeed in the MPH Program
- Complete your Plan of Study sooner than later. This helps when scheduling your classes.
- Take time to get to know your professors.
- Get involved in PHSA or other graduate organizations on campus to allow yourself a break from the monotony of class.
- Do not be afraid to go to your professors with concerns.
- Utilize your TA’s. They are there to help you!
- Go to class. Your professors know when you are MIA, and this could mean the difference between an A and a B.
- Get to know your assigned advisor…they want to help you make the most of your graduate school experience.
- Make suggestions for things you would like to do with PHSA. The Executive Board is open to ideas and suggestions.
- Read your student handbook, no matter how boring it may look.
- Be courteous and use proper laptop etiquette while in class.
- Take time to read. There is more reading assigned in graduate level classes and less tests.
“Be the change you want to see in the world.”